As a board-certified forensic psychologist, Dr. Hagan assists attorneys and the court with:
• Consultations & Litigation Support: criminal, civil and family law matters
• Testimony: in-person & remote video
• Research: case-specific psychological issues.
With over 40 years of independent practice, Dr. Hagan has qualified in 10 states and federal court and testified in more than 460 cases. He has a balanced practice mix having been retained by criminal defendants and prosecutors, by plaintiffs and defendants in civil actions and by parents, nonparents and social services in family law matters.
Dr. Hagan’s scholarly contributions include:
• Book chapters
• Peer-reviewed scientific articles relevant to forensic psychology
• More than 40 CLEs
• Presentation to law school classes for two decades
• Former Adjunct faculty status with Eastern Virginia Medical School and Virginia Commonwealth University.